Oct 10, 2009

Stupid Pumpkin Farm

My son went to a pumpkin farm for a field trip this past Thursday. Seemed like an okay thing to do, what could happen? That night he couldn't stop coughing. He managed to sleep though the night and woke up coughing his head off. I gave him his inhaler, some nose drops and he seemed to clear up quite a bit so I sent him to school. The school class me around 11:30 AM and tells me he's having trouble breathing. "Okay, give him his inhaler and I'll be right there." I race over and he's still coughing but breathing better. Good...The nurse thinks he should see our doctor. Okay, call the doctor, tell them what's going on, they say, "Come in right away!" Okay, go to the doctor. Finally see the doctor and the verdict? POST-NASAL DRIP. That's right, not a cold, not the flu, not asthma. Just severe allergies and post-nasal drip. After using preventative inhalers last night and nose drops he didn't cough at all this morning. NOT ONE COUGH!
Stupid Pumpkin Farm. Now what do I do? Next year I say, "Sorry son, can't pick a pumpkin. You can't handle it?" I don't want to do that! I though we'd go apple picking this weekend. We are soooo not going apple picking. We'll just have to avoid nature until the seasonal change ends. What else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment